The Poems of John Evans - Inspirational Reflections on Life and Love.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Be Yourself

I've lived my life in accordance to who I am, which has been colored and formed by what I've done.  I am a dichotomy to people who know me.  I've written seven books that revolve around self-realization, self-esteem and love.  It sounds like I should look and act like I'm part of the crystal cruncher society with a look of constant bliss and "Peace be with you's", but that would be me trying to be like everybody else trying to come off as a Guru.  Even the Dali Lama shows his individuality.  You can be enlightened and still be who you are without fitting into a category.  You're not an ant or a sheep.  You're not a member of a flock or a herd.  You're a person with a unique background and a perspective.  Enlightenment can put a positive spin on the crap you go through in life, and it absolutely gives a person a depth of understanding that lightens the load you can potentially carry around with you.

If you were to meet me on the street you would never guess what I do, which is writer and artist.  I express the life I see and live through the soul that I am, but I look like a cop and talk like a construction worker.  I'm just as comfortable talking to a biker as I am talking to a Ph.D.  I see all people as the expression of living soul.  In fact, I see all of life as the expression of living soul.  We are intimately related to existence, and I am aware of that at all times and always have been.  That has been my birth gift.  That is every bodies birth gift.  Realizing it and coming to terms with it is the challenge.

Guru wantabe's are every where. They are easily stereotyped.  I've met many of them and I try not to let them irritate me with their group persona.  They, like religious fanatics, are out to save you in the image they have chosen for you, and for a fee, usually.  Let me give you a clue that none of them will share with you.  You have only one Master that you can call upon to interpret the meaning of life, and that is you.  Within you is the power of the wisdom that you seek.  You are the Master.  The rest of us - the people you meet and interact with - are the teachers, and only the Master can interpret the wisdom to be drawn from the teachings.  You don't need a Master or an entity to worship.  Within you is your point of wisdom.  Within you is the entity.  You simply have to pay attention and be open from your entire being to completely understand who you are and live from your point of truth - not somebody elses.  That knowledge is free and already inside of you.  It's a gift to you - a conscious soul.  Open the package.  Celebrate your individuality. 












All content - poems, posts & images - are ©2010 by John Evans. No permission is given to post, share, copy, print, e-mail, reproduce, distribute or link to. All Rights Reserved. Please contact John Evans at JohnEvansPoet.Com for licensing inquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment